Starting Friday, November 25 and running through Christmas Eve, December 24, flora and henri will open a temporary Holiday Pop Up at the Merrill Place building (411 1st Ave South) in Pioneer Square, adjacent to Intermezzo Carmine.
Owner and founder of flora and henri, Jane Hedreen, has cultivated a keen eye for exquisite items over 20 years of retail experience and clothing design for children and—most recently—women. Her smartly edited selection of goods comes from international artisans, all of high quality and in a range of price points.
“We’ve expanded our product selection to include things that speak to our aesthetic, partnering with brands with similar sensibilities and artistic vision,” says Hedreen. “We aspire to offer a personal experience in the midst of the big-box retail era through a careful collection of inspired finds to mark our lives with thoughtfulness and beauty.”
The new flora and henri product range includes:
- Wireless headphones from Danish design duo, Kreafunk ($145)
- Artisanal British chocolate from Prestat ($19)
- Assorted ceramics from Dutch potter Lenneke Wispelwey ($125-300)
- Cosmetics from Paul and Joe (prices vary)
- Books, such as Conversations with Paula by Hendrik Kerstens ($55)
- Spherovelo ride-on toys for toddlers ($110)
- Solid perfume from South Africa’s Frazer Parfum ($74)
- Dolls from Northerm California’s Jess Brown ($198-$234)
- Crumpled Sky Maps from Italy ($30)
- And other delights, such as a golf flask ($40), a field magnifier ($140), and a Granny purse from Beck Sondergaard ($54).
As flora and henri closes out 2016 with a Holiday Pop Up, they start 2017 with a brand new brick and mortar concept store, also in Pioneer Square. The new concept store will be located at 401 First Ave South in the Schwabacher Hardware Co. space. The new location offers an inventory of lifestyle products, women’s clothing and gifts, along with the children’s clothing, shoes and toys for which flora and henri are famous. March 2017 is the expected month for opening, commemorating the March 1998 opening of their first retail location in downtown Seattle.
flora and henri Holiday Pop-Up
When: November 25 to December 24, 2016 from 11am to 7pm
Where: 411 1st Ave South, Seattle, WA