The main event of the 18th Annual SketchFest Seattle is September 23-24 at Annex Theatre, but there are events around town starting September 15 to whet your appetite. Event organizers have proclaimed that this year’s collection of sketch comedy is the largest and most diverse yet. It also includes more home-grown acts than ever before, along with national talent and a special showing of Canadian acts popular on the fringe circuit.
Los Angeles-based performance group Blade Brown is one of the more notable acts at SketchFest Seattle. The group recently won the 2016 L.A. Scripted Festival Sketch Cage Match Tournament and includes among its members former Seattleite Myrone Sumner. Deep Lez is an all queer-identifying group who have performed at past SketchFest’s and Bumbershoot.
Here’s the schedule of local acts leading up to the main event:
- September 15 at 7pm at The Pocket Theater
- September 16-17 at 7, 8:30 and 10pm at The Pocket Theater
- September 17 (The SketchFest Film Challenge) at 7pm at Central Cinema
- September 18 at 5:30pm at The Pocket Theater
- September 22 at 7pm at The Pocket Theater
Visit sketchfest.org for tickets and more information.
When: September 15-September 24
Where: Annex Theatre (1100 East Pike St), and other locations