The Bellevue Collection has announced the nine designers selected for the fifth annual Independent Designer Runway Show (IDRS) during Fashion Week at The Bellevue Collection , set for September 21 – 25, 2016. IDRS kicks off the annual weeklong fashion event and is always a highlight, performing to a sold-out crowd of nearly 600 ticket holders, including local media, retailers and buyers.
Selected local fashion designers and their labels are:
- Like a Rock Star by Chris Jones likearockstar.com
- Devonation by Devon Yan devonyan.com
- man.tis by Elma Miza shopmantisseattle.com
- Gina Marie by Gina Moorhead houseofginamarie.com
- Julie Danforth by Julie Danforth juliedanforthdesign.com
- Dollstreet by Lindsay Moen dollstreetshop.com
- Valentina & Valentia by Milena Natanov valentinavalentia.com
- Milano MAI by Oscar Milano Mai milanomai.portfoliobox.io
- Aburu Fashion House by Shalom Aburu
“This year’s applicants were among the best we have had in the five years running IDRS,” says Jennifer Leavitt, Vice President of Marketing for The Bellevue Collection. “We continue to be amazed at the local talent and are proud to help support the Pacific Northwest’s growing fashion community.” The runway show is a culmination of months of designing, mentoring and creating collections that showcase each designers point of view. The winner, chosen by a select panel of fashion experts and mentors, will receive a $5000 cash prize, furnished by The Kemper Freeman Family and The Bellevue Collection, as well as have their collection displayed in Bellevue Square during the month of October.
Panel members will judge the designers on their creativity and originality, workmanship, business model and presentation. The panel includes Marj Turner, Regional Director for Seattle Fashion Group International and Bruce Pflaumer of Michael Bruce Image Consulting. Also joining the panel this year are Seattle Met Style Editor and Editor at Seattle Met Bride & Groom, Colleen Williams and designer and consultant Lisa Vian Hunter.
Congratulations to all the designers. We look forward to September. For more information, visit fashionweekbellevue.com.
Photo Credits: Vivian Hsu, Team Photogenic.