Seattle is currently having one of its most glorious summers, and there have been a calendar full of summer block parties, concerts, barbeques, art walks, and more. And the party is far from over. On Sunday, August 10th, the 1900 1st Avenue Block Party kicks off with an afternoon of celebrating fashion, food, and design. From 1-5 pm you can party from store to store at places including Jack Straw, Design Within Reach, and Le Pichet. Even better, 10% of the proceeds from the bake sales and clothing sales benefit the Pike Place Market Foundation. Block Party participant Baby and Company will have up to 70% off certain sale items, so you can score a designer deal and do good at the same time. Now that’s being a great neighbor. And speaking of Baby and Company, they are hosting their 6th Annual Closet Sale, from Thursday August 14 to Sunday August 17. Peruse the racks of designer pieces from The Row, Isabel Marant, Philosophy, Alexander Wang and many more. It is one of their biggest and best selections ever so it is a perfect time to get a coveted piece at a fab price. Work by contemporary artist Tony Taj will be featured at the store, plus 10% of the proceeds will benefit The Mockingbird Society. Mark your calendars and practice keeping your elbows out to secure your place in the crowd. Baby and Company, 2006 1st Avenue, Seattle.
Posted on August 07, 2014, 12:05 am
Our Latest Posts
- Pioneer Square and Downtown Seattle Gallery Guide: November 2019 November 7, 2019
- Fashion Freedom for All: Universal Standard Sets A New Tone In Seattle November 5, 2019
- The Vanguard Seattle Stylish Gift Guide 2019 November 2, 2019
- Maiah Manser on Voices, Bodies, Silence and The City of Angels October 29, 2019
- Fashion Highlights: The Collective Runway Show at The Bellevue Collection October 8, 2019