Diesel and Crown Social, a social media agency in Seattle, threw a fun and stylish event fusing the worlds of fashion and music. The event was also sponsored by Mexico City-based arts glossy, Picnic Magazine. (They will be setting up their US headquarters here in Seattle.) The event, held in the downtown Diesel store in celebration and appreciation of the brand’s customers, featured catering by Northgate restaurant Setsuna. Delicious and inspired cocktails were served as well. While the crowd mingled amongst the cool, urban clothing we love to see at Diesel, people had a chance to participate in the social media contest encouraging each event goer to post photos on Instagram or Twitter and tag #newdancemoves in an effort to win a pair of new Diesel jeans. The social media contest fostered a sense of community for the participants, and also created positive energy as each person was excited to see their post projected on the wall. Many of the event goers had a cool, collective vibe to their outfits standing out as style trendsetters.
Jasmin, an employee of Diesel, showcased a retro look which consisted of a body con dress with a Diesel rustic vest. Her accessorizes hit the mark and pulled the look together. Not pictured: a super sweet pair of Doc Martens-very 90s Seattle.
- T.V, Razi, and Christian Robinson all juxtaposed classic looks with elements that added a bit of funk. Razi’s embroidered jacket and leather hat complete the look and show her obvious sense of personal style.
- Stella Mowen and Angela Bender, employees of Amazon Music and Getty Images respectively, actively participated in the social media event. Mowen’s beautiful camel colored leather jacket and sleek hairstyle pulled her look together while Bender’s funky chain necklace and heeled Frye, lace up booties (not pictured) added a certain edge.
- Antonio Smith, the founder of Socializing for Social Change, and Brandon Foy, a musician hired by Microsoft for his incredible talent, presented their effortless style and even cooler dance moves as they broke it down on the dance floor all night.
- Devin Vierra and Sarah Lovrien, a local Photographer and Videographer, showed off chic, rocker looks. Vierra’s All Saint’s leather jacket with quilted shoulders and motorcycle lapels add another layer to his all black look.
- The bar at the Diesel/Crown Social Event featured two speciality punches and a full bar with crafted cocktails.